Due to a printing error at Space Coast Property Mgmt, the 2021 HOA Dues Coupon books are delayed. SCPM has reprinted the books, and they should be mailing out soon. The HOA Board apologizes for the error, inconvenience & any confusion. The Board also thanks everyone for their patience.
The monthly meeting of the Honeybrook Plantation Homeowner’s Association is Tuesday, February 9th at 7pm. The meeting will be held at the VFW Hall on US-1, just north of Post Road.
The long awaited roadwork for the Honeybrook Plantation community is going to start with Riverside Road, which is in greatest need of repair as assessed by the engineer hired for the project. The project will be started on Monday, January 18, 2021 and completed by Friday, January 22, 2021.
Residents of Riverside Road and any homes adjacent to Riverside Road along Hickory Creek Dr., Honeybrook Creek Dr., Silver Oak Blvd., Plantatation Dr., or HIckory Dr. are asked the following:
- No parking on Riverside Road for the duration of the construction project.
- Any car parked on Riverside Road will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- Avoid leaving cars in driveways to avoid damage from construction.
Construction Company NOT liable for damage that may occur
It is important for all homeowners to note that the construction company, nor the HOA is responsible for damage done to cars that are left in the driveways either along Riverside Road or on any property adjacent to Riverside Road. Please be sure to store your cars either in your garage OR offsite of the construction. Parking along the streets on Hidden Creek Rd, especially by the community park will be allowed during the duration of the construction project.
No Heavy Vehicle Traffic
During the construction, the following services to our community will be impacted:
- Mail Delivery – Mail delivery may be interrupted. Please contact the Post Office to arrange for mail pickup at the Post Office if needed. Please use this link to schedule a Mail Hold & Pickup at the Post Office
- Garbage Pickup – there will be no garbage pickup until Friday, January 22, 2021. Please plan accordingly.
- School Bus Pickup – School bus pickup will be at the intersection of US-1 & Silver Oak Blvd for the full week of the construction. PLEASE NOTE: You cannot park on Riverside or the adjacent roads while waiting for the school bus. You must either park on the side of US-1 itself, or walk up with your children to meet the bus. Parking on Riverside or adjacent roads can lead to damage to car.
There is a meeting this Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 6:30pm to discuss this project, hold the Annual Meeting with passage of the budget & election of Board members. If you have questions or concerns about this project or would like more information, please be sure to attend. The meeting will be held at the VFW Post on US-1, just north of Post Road.
The Annual Meeting of the Honeybrook Homeowners’ Association Board and Board elections will be held on Tuesday, January 12th at 6:30pm. The meeting will be held at the VFW Post 8191, located at 4130 N Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne FL 32935.
The meeting will include the election of the Homeowners’ Board. If you are interested in serving on the Board, please be sure to attend. Any deeded homeowner of the Honeybrook Plantation community, in good standing, with no outstanding association fees due or infractions is eligible to serve. There are currently two Board Directors positions open on the Board.
Service to the Board involves attending the monthly meetings, usually held on the second Tuesday of each month, responding to a few emails each month, and assisting with community projects every now and then.
If the Board fails to seat enough members, then the community could go into receivership, where all decisions about the community will be made by a court appointed receiver. In the interest of the community, the Board would like to avoid this possibility by filling the vacant positions.
If you have any questions, please jot them down & come to the meeting. There is always time allotted for community questions.
The nomination process for the 2021 Homeowner’s Board is now open.
Any deeded property owner of a home in the Honeybrook Plantation subdivision, who is in good standing, with all community dues paid & up to date may run for either an officer of the Board or as a Director.
The responsibilities include:
- Attending the Monthly Meetings of the Homeowner’s Board, which are usually held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. The place and time can change, but normally they are held at the VFW Hall on US-1, just north of Post Road at 7pm.
- All members of the Board are required to read the By-Laws & Procedures Handbook they are given upon their election to office. Within a specified period of time, they are required to verify with the State of Florida division of HOA’s that they have read the handbook.
- Each office has specific duties & responsibilities. These are explained in the handbook assigned at the time of election.
The community is required by its By-Laws to maintain a Board of nine (9) members: President, Vice-President, Treasurer & Secretary plus 5 Directors. There are currently two Director openings. If you are interested in helping your community be a better place for all & would like to run for one of the offices or one of the Directors, please contact the current President, Jim Vita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to personal issues, a few members of the Board will be unable to attend the Homeowner’s Association meeting that was scheduled for July 14th. For this reason, the meeting has been cancelled.
The next scheduled meeting of the Homeowner’s Association will be on Tuesday, August 11th. The time and location of the meeting have not been determined yet. A notice will go out to the community in the week prior to the meeting to inform them where and at what time the meeting will be held.
If any member of the community has a concern or pressing issue, they can contact the Board members through their emails on this website.
Thank you to our community for your understanding and support.
The Honeybrook Homeowner’s Association meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2020 is cancelled due to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ Stay at Home order.
If any homeowner has questions or needs assistance with their property, please feel free to email one of the Board officers from their email links at the bottom of the home page.