The long awaited roadwork for the Honeybrook Plantation community is going to start with Riverside Road, which is in greatest need of repair as assessed by the engineer hired for the project. The project will be started on Monday, January 18, 2021 and completed by Friday, January 22, 2021.
Residents of Riverside Road and any homes adjacent to Riverside Road along Hickory Creek Dr., Honeybrook Creek Dr., Silver Oak Blvd., Plantatation Dr., or HIckory Dr. are asked the following:
- No parking on Riverside Road for the duration of the construction project.
- Any car parked on Riverside Road will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- Avoid leaving cars in driveways to avoid damage from construction.
Construction Company NOT liable for damage that may occur
It is important for all homeowners to note that the construction company, nor the HOA is responsible for damage done to cars that are left in the driveways either along Riverside Road or on any property adjacent to Riverside Road. Please be sure to store your cars either in your garage OR offsite of the construction. Parking along the streets on Hidden Creek Rd, especially by the community park will be allowed during the duration of the construction project.
No Heavy Vehicle Traffic
During the construction, the following services to our community will be impacted:
- Mail Delivery – Mail delivery may be interrupted. Please contact the Post Office to arrange for mail pickup at the Post Office if needed. Please use this link to schedule a Mail Hold & Pickup at the Post Office
- Garbage Pickup – there will be no garbage pickup until Friday, January 22, 2021. Please plan accordingly.
- School Bus Pickup – School bus pickup will be at the intersection of US-1 & Silver Oak Blvd for the full week of the construction. PLEASE NOTE: You cannot park on Riverside or the adjacent roads while waiting for the school bus. You must either park on the side of US-1 itself, or walk up with your children to meet the bus. Parking on Riverside or adjacent roads can lead to damage to car.
There is a meeting this Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 6:30pm to discuss this project, hold the Annual Meeting with passage of the budget & election of Board members. If you have questions or concerns about this project or would like more information, please be sure to attend. The meeting will be held at the VFW Post on US-1, just north of Post Road.